Scanstation 8800-Series Roll Film Microfilm Scanners
Wicks and Wilson manufactures a complete range of Scanstation roll film microfilm scanners capable of automatic batch conversion of both 16 mm and 35 mm roll film. Scanstation models are available with performance and productivity features to suit applications ranging from occasional microfilm roll conversion to multi-shift digitization projects.
All Wicks and Wilson microfilm roll film scanners feature clear graphical wizards and a fixed lens system to simplify set-up and get you scanning more quickly.
For microfiche scanners, see information on the Scanstation 7700-series here.
Cutting-Edge Imaging in a 35 mm or 16 mm Microfilm Scanner
Featuring the latest in digitization and image processing technology, the Scanstation 8800-Series has been designed by Wicks and Wilson to automatically capture greyscale and bitonal images from 35 mm or 16 mm microfilm at the highest possible quality. The illumination and optical path, advanced new camera system and unique image processing algorithms give unparalleled imaging results from all types and formats of roll film.
Scanstation 8800 Features:
- NVIDIA-based image processing with cutting-edge imaging algorithms developed by Wicks and Wilson specifically for microfilm
- Instant on-screen display improves productivity by providing immediate view of changes made to images without the need to rescan
- Fully compatible with Virtual Scanstation – the custom off-line QA tool that dramatically enhances workflow, accuracy and productivity
- Automated image location using either blip codes (up to four levels) or document edges
- Custom-designed lens – greater resolving power across all film types
- 35 mm or 16 mm microfilm scanner
- Unparalleled illumination system including holographic diffuser for superior results from every scan
- Image processing tools including intelligent thresholding, gamma correction and auto white balance to produce consistent image results
- Project set-up feature allows all imaging and scanning settings to be recorded and used for future jobs
Further Scanstation Imaging Information:
- Technical explanation of the unique NVIDIA-based imaging system
- 8800 article as featured in the Green Sheet Magazine (Now iDMI Magazine)